PAINTING Guys are always happy to answer your questions 😊 Call or Text: +1-250-327-8044
Brighten Up Dark, Dated Kitchen Cabinets Today!
Beautiful kitchen cabinet painting that transforms dark or dated cupboards into clean and new again!
Paint uppers, lowers, islands, pantries, bathroom vanities any colour or any shade of white.
Victoria, Duncan, Nanaimo, BC Canada.
Kitchen cabinet panels often shrink and expand throughout the seasons from changes in humidity
Therefore, it’s important to use a paint that is flexible that bonds well to all types of products. We always use Benjamin Moore colours and their top acrylic paints.
Should new countertops be installed before or after the cabinet painting is done?
In most cases new countertops can installed before or after but if they are Installed before painting, it’s important the installers hold off on using any silicon where paint would be applied. Paint does not stick to silicon.
The usual places they use silicon is where a counter is touching a side panel. We can remove silicon but it’s time consuming which adds to labour costs.
Refacing cupboards is an option to consider as it's less expensive to buying new cabinetry. In most cases refacing cabinets is unnecessary if it’s colour you wish to change
- Kitchen cabinet painting is affordable
- Kitchen cabinet painting has more colour choices
- You'll have a better matched kitchen
There are many reasons for painting kitchen cabinets
- Most kitchen cabinets can be beautifully refinished, painted or repurposed!
- If you are happy with the layout of your kitchen but simply put, dislike the colour of your cupboards ... professionally painted cabinets will without question make them look new and modern again!
- Most older cabinets have similar door profiles to today’s modern cabinets. Updating hardware and painting your cabinets a modern colour will instantly give a fresh new look again!
Once kitchen cabinets are freshly painted, consider updating optional hardware like handles and pulls. Changing hardware can make a big difference!
Cabinet painting is no different to auto body work. In order for paint to stick and feel smooth, surfaces must be prepared properly.
Interior designers prefer darker neutral colors for kitchen islands. Black, gray and blue are quite popular. Of course, the same coloured kitchen island is almost always a safe bet!